Stop blocking modules!

Hey Boonex,

What are you doing?! Removing my bestsellers modules from the market completely for no reason and sending me messages "they are not compatible" with something?! WTF?! It's not April 1 yet!

Some of them been on the market sales for 6 years and have only positive reviews and happy customers. Now I can't find them anymore, anywhere.

AntonL, please respond ASAP. Also please review your own profile, it looks childish.

===========================

Hello, dear Boonex Market Vendor.
We have just reviewed your product at Boonex Market, and regretfully the listing appears not to meet some of the quality standard requirements.
GUIDELINES:

1. Vendors must actively support their products and communicate with buyers. We may enact a stop-sale on all your products if you are not active at Boonex Market for over a year.
  2. Product title, description, tags and links should be relevant and succinct. Note, that we only allow external links to the product demo.
  3. Products must be compatible with DolphinPro v. 7.2 or newer.
  4. Any services advertised at Boonex Market must be specifically focused on Boonex DolphinPro support and maintenance.
  5. A high number of negative reviews without vendor response may trigger a permanent stop-sale and account suspension.
  6. Product icons, screenshots or any other included media must be of high-resolution, not sexually explicit and uploaded directly via the 'add product' form (not hard-linked from external resources).

TO REACTIVATE YOUR PRODUCT:

• Please, review your listing and make any adjustments to address any breach of the guidelines.
  • Respond to this message, detailing all the changes you have done.
  • Allow up to 5 working days for your edits to be reviewed.

Thank you for your cooperation!
Boonex Team

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 24 Feb 2017

We are cleaning up Market by:

- suspending vendors which aren't here anymore

- asking active developers to update or remove non compatible modules

- asking active developers to update images for some modules

As the result the market will work better for you and for customers.

In your particular case you need to update several modules to make them compatible with 7.2+ at least and couple of them just re-upload better images.

You can find links to your modules and edit it in the message you received.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 24 Feb 2017

Damn it, this is what I have said before in other posts.  Boonex, you are going to drive vendors and Dolphin users away with this nonsense.  There are many experience Dolphin users and developers here that are perfectly fine using and supporting modules that require core code changes.

Folks, what this is really about is Boonex CYA over support. They want to make sure when they sell support they can just run upgrade scripts without worry about any third party modules.

As I said before, it is time for an independent marketplace for modules where we can sell modules without worrying if Boonex will decide to remove them.  Who has a good server for this that we can use?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 24 Feb 2017

@boonexpert; did they send you a notice; Boonex said that vendors would be first notified about any modules that would be subject to removal so you could have the chance to make changes.  I guess what they meant was the modules will be removed first, then you have to scramble to get them back up.

Quote · 24 Feb 2017

I also asked Boonex to let us know which modules would be removed and they said no, we don't care to let you know.

Quote · 24 Feb 2017

@boonexpert; did they send you a notice; Boonex said that vendors would be first notified about any modules that would be subject to removal so you could have the chance to make changes.  I guess what they meant was the modules will be removed first, then you have to scramble to get them back up.

Yes, they did send me a notice. But a notice about my products removal already. No info prior that.

A big Thanks to Nathan for taking care for the situation!

@AlexT:

We are cleaning up Market by:

- suspending vendors which aren't here anymore — am I not here anymore?

- asking active developers to update or remove non compatible modules wasn't my modules compatible with something?

- asking active developers to update images for some modules — did I had bad images on some modules? What exact "images" - icons, demo, test content images, etc.?

Ehh...

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

As I said before, it is time for an independent marketplace for modules where we can sell modules without worrying if Boonex will decide to remove them.  Who has a good server for this that we can use?

This is something interesting to talk about... Can I pm you if you are ready?

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

I am going to make an alternative marketplace ready for you guys.

Who of you vendors and customers is interested?

Any preferences what name and domain we should use for the marketplace?

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 25 Feb 2017

Just thought a bit more about it. There are plenty areas how we can improve the marketplace over the existibg one here at Boonex.

How about a optional licensing system for the modules? Vendors could easily implement licenses in their products. Making it more fair for both sides. Everybody knows that most modules can be found on different share platforms etc ...

I could also manage to get an automatic module update system ready. Starting with modules that dont need core changes. Later we could implement a more inteligent system that is able to automagically patch core files.

I have much more ideas, lets hear your thought ;)

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

I've got a pretty nice Dedicated we could use. What shopping cart software would be best to use?

• HPE ProLiant DL120 Gen9
  • Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 6 Cores
  • 32 GB DDR4-RAM ECC
  • 2x 4 TB SATA
  • Software-RAID 1
  • 1 Gbit/s port - 200Mbit Minimum Port Speed - Burst to 1Gbit
Quote · 25 Feb 2017

Server is no problem at all from dedicated to clustering, everything possible at my end ;)

Quote · 25 Feb 2017

Seems they removed all my services I offered as well....  I don't see how hourly services, rms hosting, rms install, dolphin install has anything to do with version numbering or requiring a file uploaded before it can be posted in the market. 

I have many many many clients still using dolphin 7.1.X because that's what they like to use by choice....   Forcing every one to be 7.2.X compliant is a pretty dick move in my opinion. Now if i need to download or restore a module for any of them it may not be possible because you thought it was a good idea to remove them.

The services I had for offer don't care what version you have or are running period.  

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 25 Feb 2017

I have many many many clients still using dolphin 7.1.X because that's what they like to use by choice....

Same situation here aswell, my German Translation Pack for 7.1 also got removed. Pretty silly i think, because many users are on 7.1 and may need the german pack. Lack of translation is mostly critical for site administrators.

Quote · 26 Feb 2017

First, sorry for the obviously botched start of this cleanup.

Our intention is to review all the Market listings to ensure they are supported, properly described, have good quality images in listings and adhere to minimum compatibility requirements.

We decided to go ahead with listings suspensions as a way of getting Vendors to update their products quickly. Apparently, in many cases, there is a lack of specific explanations as to what triggers the suspension. We will do better now. 

Most importantly, please don't take this as any kind of personal offence. All quality products are important to us and we plan to promote Market products more aggressively in the future. Current cleanup is not meant to push anyone out of the Boonex Market and in every case we are here to help work out what the problem is exactly, get it fixed and reactivate the product.

If you are unsure about what could trigger suspension of your listing and you haven't received adequate explanation, please send us a message to support@boonex.com and let's sort it out.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 26 Feb 2017

Dear vendors and customers, should we start building a 3rd party marketplace for Dolphin and UNA modules?

We already selected the needed software tools and have an elegant vision how the marketplace could work out for both sides.

Please let us know if you would use and trust a 3rd party marketplace or what are your needs, wishes and ideas. We really would love to work it out with you to make it work best for vendors and customers.

Quote · 26 Feb 2017

The market itself also needs a huge shakeup from the consumer's side:

1. The random listings make it impossible to browse.
  2. When you view a product on page 3, it takes you back to page one and everything is randomised - again.
  3. The filter on the left is shaky. Select "Free" and that's what you see. Look at an item and you're returned to page one where "all" prices are shown.  Click "Free" again and it doesn't work. You have to click "Paid", display the paid listing, then click free again. (. . .  and visa versa)

The Market needs to be non randomised, or options for Alphabetical, Most popular etc should be available. 

There should be a list of categories instead of everything dumped into xx random pages.

Finally, I have spent hours at the Market and I know there are mods I've never seen. It would be lovely to look at a few pages tonight, then come back tomorrow and start where I left off.

Quote · 26 Feb 2017

A third party Marketplace is indeed needed.  I started a thread on this when Boonex first announced they were going to removed modules.  Boonex explanation for what would not be suitable was so vague that it was impossible to determine what would disappear from the Market.  Furthermore, they refused to let the community know which modules would be removed.  So yes, time to get to work on building that Marketplace outside of Boonex.

Quote · 28 Feb 2017

A third party Marketplace is indeed needed.  I started a thread on this when Boonex first announced they were going to removed modules.  Boonex explanation for what would not be suitable was so vague that it was impossible to determine what would disappear from the Market.  Furthermore, they refused to let the community know which modules would be removed.  So yes, time to get to work on building that Marketplace outside of Boonex.

I've explained to you a few times now what that was about. Products were sold as standalone modules, but completely replaced the BoonEx module's files and used its database entries. So BoonEx SomeModule became Vendor SomeModule. This wasn't necessary and caused problems when upgrading. It was never about all mods or cases where an extension needed some files replaced or edited.

There was no naming and shaming for a reason. If a product was really at risk for removal, it would have been announced. What really happened was the developers were notified and the issue was resolved. There wasn't even a fixed deadline for it.

---

What happened here: BoonEx wanted to cleanup the market. Great! But they got too excited and hid products without giving the vendors time to fix the issues first. Bad! It won't happen again, and the actual issue for each product will be made more clear so the vendor can more easily resolve it.

So what happened in this case? Some great products were caught in the cleanup because compatibility information wasn't set, or there was a quality control issue with the listing (example: too little detail, blurry images, stuff like that). The immediate hiding wasn't the right move. The products were unhidden, and this kind of 'shoot first and ask questions later' move won't happen again.

If any vendors still have a problem or have any questions, please send me a message and I will look into it ASAP.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Feb 2017

I've explained to you a few times now what that was about. Products were sold as standalone modules, but completely replaced the BoonEx module's files and used its database entries. So BoonEx SomeModule became Vendor SomeModule. This wasn't necessary and caused problems when upgrading. It was never about all mods or cases where an extension needed some files replaced or edited.

Not according to the Boss.

Quote · 3 Mar 2017

I still say let's build an independent market; promote it through the search engines.  I guess we would need to talk about rules or guidelines; just not stuff like you can not sell any 7.1 modules

Quote · 3 Mar 2017

A completely separate site to sell modules, that's genius! I think a good name for it would be expertzzz.com!

Quote · 4 Mar 2017

How about boonexmods.com, can't do much better than that search engine wise.

Quote · 6 Mar 2017

How about boonexmods.com, can't do much better than that search engine wise.

Not sure if Boonex is ok with that!?

Quote · 6 Mar 2017

My module installation service just got deactivated???

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 6 Mar 2017

My module installation service just got deactivated???

I don't see it hidden, so it must already be resolved (if not, send me a PM). Most often this is because the product isn't listed as compatible with any recent versions or there's an issue with the product details. Due to a market limitation, services still require compatibility and a file be set (silly, I know).

Someone forgot to check with the vendor first.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 6 Mar 2017

I am not a vendor but I think boonex and the vendors should try and work together. I for one can say the market needs a overhaul. Allot of old vendors no longer here, search does not work and no categories makes looking for a module to purchase a task in itself. I know allot of vendors want to move but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for customers. I have to say I dealt with allot of vendors here some good and some bad and the last thing I would want is for a vendor to not be held accountable for not making sure their module works the way it suppose to. I can understand making upgrades and updates takes time and vendors should be paid accordingly but some vendors are charging full prices for updates and some who sold modules that didn't work as promised or at all. I have purchased modules and installed them also having my hosting company install them and they don't work. I contact the vendor who says I did something wrong and they charge to install them and once they do the module works fine for a couple of days and stop working or it causes another problem within the site and the vendor also charges you to go back and make corrections and by the time you are done you paid four times as much as the module cost. So I think vendors and boonex needs to come to an agreement and work things out because purchasing from a independent vendor who has no oversight is sometimes risky. 

Quote · 6 Mar 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.